A successful Meter Technician will have mechanical aptitude, strong communication skills, computer literacy, and education in a related field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation, removal, tracking, and reading of water meters and radio read boxes throughout SCMA’s system.
- Shut off and turn on water service to SCMA customers.
- In coordination with the billing clerk, the collection of water meter data to enable SCMA to bill for water usage.
- In coordination with the collections department, the posting of delinquent notices on properties.
- In coordination with the Office Manager, consultations with commercial and industrial customers on replacement of water meters 1” or greater in size.
Qualified applicants must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid PA Driver’s License. Experience with water meter installation, plumbing and related technical fields is preferred. The Authority is willing to train quality candidates. Successful candidates must be safety-oriented, self-motivated and have a positive mindset. This position requires on-call duties.
For more information and to submit an application, please visit the employment page on our website at www.SCMAwater.com
The Schuylkill County Municipal Authority, formerly known as the Pottsville Water Company, is the largest drinking water purveyor and sanitary sewer service provider in Schuylkill County. The Authority was formed in 1961 after the purchase of the former Pottsville Water Company and currently serves over 30,000 customers in 26 municipalities. Since 1834, SCMA has provided clean, safe drinking water and reliable sanitary sewer treatment services to its valued customers.