Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events in RC View, when applicable.
- Where appropriate, maintains access to and ability to use the Client Assistance System (CAS) to enter case data and load CACs.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Proficient with Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two hour periods
- Work for long periods on computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Time Commitment: Variable
To get started, please visit: https://www.redcross.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer.html or contact Ann Borysowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-384-7191