DEPARTMENT: Health & Wellness
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist Program Coordinator with conducting Health & Wellness programs
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Health & Wellness Coordinator
TRAINING: As required per program
REQUIREMENTS: Complete training, use basic organizational skills, be responsible, reliable, and friendly, CPR certification may be required.
Programs that need volunteer leaders include: Living a Healthy Life, Healthier Living with Diabetes, Healthy Steps for Older Adults, Healthy Steps in Motion, Walk with Ease, and A Matter of Balance. These programs help older residents remain active and healthy and manage their chronic conditions.
- Successfully complete leader training
- Lead evidence-based and/or on-going programs
- Eligible for mileage reimbursement with accurate completion of mileage log sheet
- Take attendance and organize program forms
- Maintain confidentiality of program forms
- Submit program forms to Program Coordinator
- Report any emergencies to Program Coordinator. If an emergency occurs, secure area immediately and call 9-1-1. Do not move an injured person.
- Complete an incident report(s) as necessary
Contact Volunteer Coordinator MichaelineMatz, for an application, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 570-624-3013.
For more information about the Health & Wellness program, click this link: https://www.diakon.org/community-services/health-wellness/